No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
- Eligibility – Mid-Valley Veterinary Hospital’s Pet Photo Contest (the Contest) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Mid-Valley Veterinary Hospital and their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter. The contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Sponsor – The Contest is sponsored by Mid-Valley Veterinary Hospital, located at 4422 County Road N, Orland, California 95963. The Sponsor will not be responsible for the selection of the Contest winners. This selection will be made by a panel of individuals (Official Judges) not employed by the Sponsor.
- Agreement to Official Rules – Participation in the contest constitutes entrants full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Official Judges, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period – The Contest begins on July 1, 2016 at 9:00 AM PST and ends on July 31, 2016 at 9:00 PM PST (the Contest Period). Entries that are submitted before or after the Contest Period will not be accepted. Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the Contest by posting a photograph with the required information on the Sponsor’s Facebook® page.
- How to Enter – Post a photograph online on the Sponsor’s Facebook® page. Posts should include the desired category (“The Cat’s Meow”, “Who Let the Dogs Out”, “Barnyard Buddies”, “Most Likes”, “Best of Show”, and “Busted”) a title, and the pet’s name. This method will be available by visiting: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mid-Valley-Veterinary-Hospital/396176430431550.
Limit one (1) entry per pet per category for the duration of the Contest Period. Entries received from any person or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Selection of Winners – On or about August 12, 2016 the Official Judges will select one (1) winning photograph from each of the five (6) categories listed under “Prizes”. The Sponsor will notify the winners via Facebook® or email on or about August 15, 2016.
- Winner Notification – The winner of each category will be notified via Facebook® or email. If a winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) days of the notification, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the winner forfeits the prize. If the winner is at least eighteen (18) but is still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her legal guardian. Winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner from among the remaining eligible entries within that category. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 2-4 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
- Prizes – The winning photograph from each of the categories listed below will be featured in the slideshow on the photo contest page of the Sponsor’s website at www.mid-valleyvet.com. All photograph entries will be displayed on a loop on the monitor in the waiting room at Mid-Valley Veterinary Hospital. Individual prizes for each category will be as follows:
“Best of Show” (1) $50 gift certificate to MVVH for the overall favorite photo entry across all categories.
“The Cat’s Meow” (1) $25 gift certificate to MVVH for the winning photo entry.
“Barnyard Buddies” (1) $25 gift certificate to MVVH for the winning photo entry.
“Who Let the Dogs Out” (1) $25 gift certificate to MVVH for the winning photo entry.
“Most Likes on Facebook®” (1) $25 gift certificate to MVVH for the photograph with the most Facebook® Likes at the close of the Contest Period.
“Busted” (1) $25 gift certificate to MVVH for the winning photo entry.
Each photograph is only eligible to win one (1) category. Gift certificates may be used toward any product or service at Mid-Valley Veterinary Hospital. Gift certificates may not be redeemed for cash.
- General Conditions – In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention, or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules, or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Release and Limitations of Liability – By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted, or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) application downloads; (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winners, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the flyover, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application the processing of entries application downloader in any Contest-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- Disputes – Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
- Winner List – To request the names of the Contest winners, you can email the Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Sponsor’s website at www.mid-valleyvet.com.